Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Strengthening Sentences: Burning Questions

Strengthening Sentences: Burning Questions

1. What can I do to help my students write clearer, stronger sentences? (That does include capitalizing sentence beginnings and punctuating the endings, as well as saying what they mean in between.)
2. How can I engage (and maintain engagement for) my students and myself in the work that must be done to improve sentences? (Can at at least part of it feel a bit like play?)
3. Will the work we do with sentences transfer to their paragraphs, essays, narratives, and other writing?

4. I'm wondering how students can IMITATE and COMBINE to clarify and express understanding in other content areas.
5. I'm wondering if I can contribute to what teachers are doing in the other content areas by selecting model sentences and paragraphs and topics that will reinforce student learning in those classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment